SchoolComms allows parents at Ashington High School to:
- Receive communication from school via text message and e-mail
- Respond to communications from school
- Pay for trips and events
- Put money on dinner cards (cashless catering)
To start receiving communications from us all you need to do is ensure your mobile phone number and e-mail address are up to date on our systems. If they’re not, or you’re unsure, please fill out the form below.
To make communication easier, if you have an iPhone or Android mobile device, you can download the School Gateway app. Not only will this help school to save text credits when sending out information but you’ll be able to respond completely free of charge (using your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection).
Downloading the School Gateway App
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
- Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your phone go to www.schoolgateway.com/apple (Apple) or www.schoolgateway.com/android (Android)
- Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
- When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
- The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you.
- As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal.
Signing Up to SchoolComms to Make Payments
To start making payments via School Gateway, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.schoolgateway.com
- When you visit the School Gateway website for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter your email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
- The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and your account will be activated for you.
- As soon as you have got the system set up, you will be able to pay money to the school online rather than sending cash.
Update Your Details
If you’re a parent of a student currently attending Ashington High School, you can sign up to SchoolComms yourself as long as your mobile phone number and e-mail address match those that we have on record.
If you’re unsure, please fill out the form below and we’ll update the system for you.